Monday, December 19, 2011

December 19: Bran Muffins


My friend, Shellie, brought these muffins to work one day. They were delicious. I was happy to hear they had Zoom cereal in them. It is a whole wheat hot cereal that I grew up on. My dad use to call it "Zoom mush." I never really appreciated it then. I do now. I love it.

Image result for bran muffins



Measure:
2 cups Grapenuts
4 cups Zoom
Pour 2 cups boiling water over cereal and set aside.
Mix together:
2 ½ cups sugar
1 cup softened butter
4 beaten eggs
Add:
1 qt buttermilk
5 cups flour
5 tsp soda
2 tsp salt to above mixture.
Then add cereal mixture and mix well.
Put large spoonfuls in greased muffin tins and bake at 400 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
Mixture can be stored in fridge up to 4 weeks.
It makes a lot.

No comments:

Post a Comment